My name is Juan Olvera. I was born in Mexico, and currently live in The Woodlands, TX.
I’m a self-taught front-end developer & web standards enthusiastic.
I build web products and services with focus on user experience, accessibility, and performance.
I’m a Linux user and spend most of my development time on the terminal, with tools like Tmux and Vim (recently I switched to VS Code, but still use Vim for a lot of things).
On my free time I do side projects with Python. I’m comfortable with its ecosystem: Virtualenv, PyPi, Pythonic style, etc. I’ve built web crawlers, back-end services (APIs), bots (Twitter, Telegram, Messenger), and some penetration testing tools. These projects got me experience with MongoDB, Postgres, SQLite, Celery, Redis, Ngnix and more.
Other stuff I’ve built are cli programs with both Python (Click) and Node.js (Commander.js).
- CSS (including pre-processors Sass and Less)
- WordPress theme development
Other programming languages
Tools & workflow
- Text editor:
Google ChromeFirefox Developer Edition
- Task runner:
- Version control system: Git
- Terminal: iTerm (macOS) & Gnome Terminal (GNU/Linux)
- OS: Experienced in macOS (current), GNU/Linux (preferred) & Windows
- Spanish: Native
- English: Fluent
- Web design & front-end development
- UI/UX design
- Technical writing
- Shell programming
- Python programming
- Web apps Security & penetration testing